I love Cameron's family for the most part. His parents treat me like their own child, his brother is like a real brother and not a brother-in-law, his extended family in Alabama welcomed me with open arms when we got married as did the rest of the extended family.
So what's the problem you may ask, the way my children have been treated by some of the extended family! There is an extended family member that feels he/she is better then the rest of the family and we should all fall to our knees and tell him/her how great he/she is.
This person helps an elderly member of the family with writing out Christmas cards and a yearly update on what is going on. We received said card/update yesterday and for the second time my children where forgotten! It was mentioned that there are now 9 great grandchildren and there where many details about the grand/ great grandchildren that are directly related to the person in question. Nothing about AJ being born in June (when Deklan was born there was no mention of him either). I don't need a big long write up about how great she is but a sentence would be nice.
I'm thinking of sending an e-mail to the person that did the writing and saying "thanks for making sure AJ's birth made it into the update." and just leaving it at that. I know that I should be a bigger person and not say anything, but I kept my mouth shut when it was Deklan (even though he was the first, and only so far, great grandchild to carry the Linthicum name).
What would you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'd thrown down, Philly style.
Seriously... I think I would call and ask why my children weren't mentioned.
Post a Comment