Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Potty Training

I think I'll just let the boy stay in diapers for the rest of his life! He does really well with holding it and can stop "mid-stream" but I don't think he has figured out the part about sitting on the potty before it starts to come out.
This morning I got him out of bed and his diaper was dry (almost 12 hours) so I bring him downstairs and put him on his potty. He sits for a little while then gets up and tells me "Deklan make it" meaning he has piddled. We make a big deal of it clapping and saying what a good job he did, yada yada yada, dump it in the big potty, give him his bribe (M&Ms) and ask him if he wants his diaper or big boy underpants. Today he wants underpants, GREAT!

We put on his Mickey Mouse underpants and go about our morning. Deklan running around in underpants a shirt and slippers (I have several pictures of him in this stage of dress, just not from today), I ask him every 10-15mins if he has to go potty. No, is the answer everytime. Aound 10:30 I ask him and get the usual answer, 5 mins later I hear "Deklan make it". Oh yes he did, while standing on Daddy's couch!

I put him on the potty while I clean up the accident. He did end up going again on the potty so I got him a clean pair of underpant and we went back to our day. He did stay dry till nap time when I put a diaper back on him which he promptly went in. He was dry after nap so I asked if he wanted to sit on the potty and was met with a screaming no and tears.

15mins later he was sitting with me and gassing so I asked him if he wanted to go on the potty. Once again a no till I told him if he made poppies on the potty he coul have a lollipop. He's still sitting while I type this. I gave him the lollipop already so we'll see what happens.

Here are the blackmale pictures from past potty training days...

Yes, that is a bucket on his head! He's wearing a diaper in the last one but you get the idea.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love the bucket on his head!!!

pink fairy dust