Friday, November 7, 2008

To the Zoo

Cameron took the day off from work today and we went on a family trip to the zoo! It was so much fun. I have always loved the zoo and I think that Deklan is going to be just like me, AJ doesn't have much of a choice :).We are now members of the Philadelphia Zoo (America's first zoo). It has been open for almost 150 years. There is even a tortoise that has been there since it opened.
Deklan kept saying that he wanted to see an elephant and I am glad to say that we delivered. The zoo usually has 2 types of elephant (African and Asian) but they are being given to other zoos, I'm not sure if they will return or not. The Asian elephants have already been shipped to their new home but the African elephants are still there. Here are a few pictures that Cameron took...

After the elephants it was on to the primate house. Here are the orangutans, Deklan says that the male was "being a ghost for Halloween"!

We also have Polar Bears; Deklan was very excited to see them but a little sad that they wouldn't jump in the "big swimming pool".

Here is AJ doing her best Giraffe impression

A rare wild Deklan was running free in the zoo also!!

And you have to stop and see the lions and tigers.


Time to go home till next.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Great pics! I haven't been to the zoo in years. I love "the wild Deklan" and the oranguatan ghost!

pink fairy dust