Thursday, December 4, 2008

Is it illegal....

to break into your own home? If it is lock me up and throw away the key. Yeppers, you guessed it, I locked myself out today.

I woke up this morning and noticed that Deklan only had 2 or 3 pull-ups left so I was going to have to make a wal-mart trip. I got the children and myself ready and walked out of the house at 9:40am. Right as I pulled the door shut I thought I hope I have my keys (I usually check before I even open the door). So, I checked the diaper bag no keys. CRAP!!!! I figure I'll call my in-laws since they live about 5 mins away and have a key to our house, they weren't home. I call Cameron at work, no answer, call his cell, no answer. CRAP!

Then I remember that our one side window was unlocked the last time I checked, I go around to the side of the house and it's unlocked (who know why I didn't lock it)! But, the screen is down and locked. I decide to try and push the screen locks out with a twig, yes a twig. Needless to say it didn't work. So then I think this is never going to work, I'm going to have to break the screen. I cut the corners open with a Christmas decoration that was hanging on the front door and unlock the screen and push the window up.

Now how am I going to get in? I look around and see that my neighbor still has their table and chairs out from this summer. I grab one of those and tell Deklan to stand right next to AJs car seat and wait for me (they where right next to the window). I mount the chair and get ready to enter the house when I hear Clifford barking and growling at me. I yell into the house that it's just me and not to attack me. Throw my leg through the window and drop very gracefully (yeah right) into the house. I'm in!!!!!

I go back outside and Deklan is NOT standing next to AJs carseat! I yell for him and he comes walking around the house all smiles. Oh yeah, it's now starting to rain. At this point it's 9:53 (I happened to look at the clock) and I don't feel like going anywhere let alone wal-mart. But the boy needs his pull-ups so off we went.

I want to add that if I can break into a house then anyone can. Please make sure all your windows are locked!
the window outside
the door decoration
the corners of the window (now)

the chair
the window inside

3 comments:

Jen said...

Is that how Santa will get in to your house also?

bahahahaha!!!!

Kate said...

Is it wrong to admit that I am laughing? You are a very resourceful person!

Jennifer said...

At least you got in! I locked myself out once and had to call a locksmith (hubby out of town, no family or neighbors had a key, no unlocked windows). It was scary how quickly he (the locksmith) unlocked our front door!! Our lesson-learned was to have a hide-a-key accessible from the outside.

pink fairy dust