I was talking to a friend this morning and it made me think about how truly blessed I am. I have a lot of acquaintances but very few friends. The few real friends that I do have are like family to me.
I have stumbled across a new friend recently (Hi Kate) and she is an awesome person. I love talking to her, our banter is effortless and so comforting it's weird. It takes a lot of trust to let someone into your world and in the short time that we have been talking Kate has managed to make me feel comfortable enough to throw the doors wide open. I feel like God has put her into my life for many reasons including your basic someone to chat, someone to bounce ideas off of and someone to listen to my endless babel. I also think that He has a greater purpose for our friendship. I have been able to talk to Kate about the more serious issues in my life that very few, if any, other people know about. I can be myself and not have to worry about what she will think, I know that Kate sees me and not my faults. Most importantly she helps me keep God in the forefront of my life. Thanks Kate, it truly warms my heart to have made such a great friend in such a short time.
I can only hope and pray that you have a friend like this in your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
She truly is a blessing, isn't she?
Awww AMANDA!
I cherish our friendship. You are wonderful!
Post a Comment